LICENSE TEST ONLY SESSIONS STILL AVAILABLE PRIOR TO OCT 1ST -
Check out the New Motorcycle Graduated Licensing System
- Or just give us a call and our freindly staff will assist you.
- The 12 hour Learner Permit Course - Held over 2 consecutive days, for those with limited, or no previous riding experience. This course teaches you the fundamentals of riding to keep you safe whilst learning on the road.
- The 6 hour Learner Permit Course - For those with current riding experience - capable of competently starting, stopping, changing gears, riding around corners, etc. typically those with plenty of Dirt or Road riding experience. Learner Permit course fees include all VicRoads charges, use of a motorcycle, helmet, gloves and wet weather gear if required. A Learner Permit valid for 15 months is issued on the spot upon sucessful completion of either course.
Pre-License Practise - If you haven't ridden much, our popular 1 hr Private Tuition is available prior to your License Course - Please call for details
Overseas License Conversion - please read the downloadable document at the bottom of the page thank you.
We also offer post Learner Permit Training Courses to further improve and consolidate your skills -
Click here for > Course Dates
To obtain your Victorian Motorcycle Learner Permit -
You must be at least 18 years of age, and your Car License/Learner Permit must not be disqualified, cancelled, suspended, or refused anywhere in Australia. The Learner Permit must be held for at least three months before booking your License Course.
You must sucessfully complete -
- 1. An eyesight test
- 2. A motorcycle knowledge test (KT1) based on information contained in the Victorian Rider handbook.
- 3. A riding skills test (LPSA)
- Downloadable copy of the Victorian Rider Handbook here :
- Hardcopy available from VicRoads, Stay Upright, RACV offices and most newsagent
You must produce your car learner permit or licence on the day of your course to provide proof of identity.
To obtain your Victorian Motorcycle Licence -
You must hold a Victorian Motorcycle Learner for a minimum period of three consecitve calendar months before attempting the licence skills test. This three-month period refers to the period immediately before you apply for your licence, and this must be a continuous period, ie - not broken by a suspension or a break in continuity such as allowing your permit to expire before obtaining a new permit. If your Learner Permit expires, you must obtain a new one and hold it for a further three months.
You must sucessfully complete -
- 1. A basic eyesight test
- 2. A motorcycle riding skill test (the MLST)
- 3. If you do not hold a current Australian car licence, you must complete a Hazard Perception Test (HPT) held at a VicRoads office.
If you only have a current Australian car Learner Permit, a Vicroads 1st licence fee will apply. This is in addition to the course fee. Check the Vicroads website for current fees. - Vicroads Website
You MUST produce your current Victorian Motorcycle Learner Permit and/or Victorian Car Licence for valid I.D. puposes on the day of your course. If you attend without valid I.D., or do not attend your scheduled course, you will be asked to re-book and pay an $85.00 re-booking fee.
We offer courses in Hoppers Crossing, Geelong, Ballarat, and Horsham - Book On-Line or phone 9731 1499. For an on-line map, please click the "Locations" link below.