Calling all novice riders ----
Victoria's New M-GLS Pre-Learner Training Course : Study for Vicroads. We are looking for participants in this study. Limited places available.
If you would like to participate, simply book on to a designated 2 day Pilot Learner course in Hoppers Crossing or Ballarat. When you attend, you will be giving your feedback to researchers during, and after the course. Want to know more and get involved? Book online, or call our office for details.
Book your Learner Permit or License course online here -
Private Tuition - Our popular one on one Private Tuition Sessions are also available, please call our office for details
Overseas License Conversion - please read the downloadable document at the bottom of the page thank you. Call to arrange as there are a few options for this depending on experience.
- Next Advanced Course - Sun 26th April
- Next Intermediate Course - Fri 1st May
- Next Adventure Bike Course - Wed 29th April
For Sale -
We also have a limited number of CB250 ex training bikes on sale. Call 9731 1499 for details.
- Why not order a GIFT VOUCHER for a friend or family member? Give us a call and we can send one out to you!
Become a part of Victoria's Motorcycling Future and have your say - $35.00 per year and FREE Roadside Assistance with the - The Victorian Motorcycle Council Join Now!
Important Learner Permit Information -
What Course do I need?
Stay Upright conducts two different learner permit courses;
- The 12 hour Learner Permit Course is for people with limited or no previous motorcycle riding experience who need professional instruction on the fundamentals of riding safely on the road. This is regardless of how long you have been driving a motor vehicle. This course is also strongly recommended for those returning to motorcycling after many years who have never had any professional training.
- The 6 hour Learner Permit Course is for those with current riding experience, and who are competent at starting (correct clutch use), stopping, changing gears, and confidently riding around corners.
- Learner Permit course fees include all VicRoads charges, (except first License fees), use of a motorcycle, helmet, gloves and wet weather gear if required. A Learner Permit valid for 15 months is issued on the spot upon sucessful completion of either course.
- Click here for the Victorian Rider Handbook > Victorian Rider Handbook
To obtain your Victorian Motorcycle Learner Permit -
You must be at least 18 years of age, and your Car License/Learner Permit must not be disqualified, cancelled, suspended, or refused anywhere in Australia. The Learner Permit must be held for at least three months before booking your License Course.
You must sucessfully complete -
- 1. An eyesight test
- 2. A motorcycle knowledge test (KT1) based on information contained in the Victorian Rider handbook.
- 3. A riding skills test (LPSA)
- Downloadable copy of the Victorian Rider Handbook here : Victorian Rider Handbook
You must produce your car learner permit or licence on the day of your course to provide proof of identity.
To obtain your Victorian Motorcycle Licence -
You must hold a Victorian Motorcycle Learner for a minimum period of three consecitve calendar months before attempting the licence skills test. This three-month period refers to the period immediately before you apply for your licence, and this must be a continuous period, ie - not broken by a suspension or a break in continuity such as allowing your permit to expire before obtaining a new permit. If your Learner Permit expires, you must obtain a new one and hold it for a further three months.
You must sucessfully complete -
- 1. A basic eyesight test
- 2. A motorcycle riding skill test (the MLST)
- 3. If you do not hold a current Australian car licence, you must complete a Hazard Perception Test (HPT) held at a VicRoads office.
If you only have a current Australian car Learner Permit, a Vicroads 1st licence fee will apply. This is in addition to the course fee. Check the Vicroads website for current fees. - Vicroads Website
Check out the New Motorcycle Graduated Licensing System
You MUST produce your current Victorian Motorcycle Learner Permit and/or Victorian Car Licence for valid I.D. puposes on the day of your course. If you attend without valid I.D., or do not attend your scheduled course, you will have to re-book, and pay an $85.00 re-booking fee.
We offer courses at Hoppers Crossing, Geelong, Ballarat, and Horsham - Book On-Line or phone 9731 1499. For an on-line map, please click the "Locations" link below.